In the Hands of Jesus
What is peace? Not having to worry about anything. To be content, satisfied, and know total love. What a tall order. Who could possibly do all of these things? Jesus can. But He can't if you won't let Him. Doesn't that sound strange. Who wouldn't want to have all of these blessings. From the high heart attack rate I would say a lot of people have completely missed the boat. I know I did for forty years, fighting the worlds battles before I learned how to trust the Lord. And I think some people do love misery, just look at the soap operas. Pain and misery. But they don't like it that well when it's happening to them. But it doesn't have to be that way with you. Just collect on Jesus' promises.
(Philippians 4:6-7) 6) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. 7) And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
That is a command from God. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. You not only do not have to worry, He is telling you not too. He is telling you that if you have something to worry about to give it to Him, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. If you are thanking Him that means He has already taken care of it, or will shortly. We must learn to trust Gods word. And what kind of peace is He going to give you? And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I can tell you that is total, complete, beyond your imagination.
(1 Peter 5:7) Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
Again not some of your cares. All of them. Why? because He cares for you. If you love your children wouldn't you do that for them? Of course. Well we can't begin to comprehend the love God has for us. He sent His only Son to sacrifice Himself for us so we could live with Him forever. All He wants is your love and faith in Jesus. Trust Him, take Him at His word. Try it and watch your worries leave. After all think on this.
(Matthew 6:27) Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? On the contrary you will take years off of your life.
I'll tell you what I do when I want total peace and to feel the fullness of Gods love, I read two of my favorite psalms #91 and #103. Please read them in their entirety. I'll give you a verse of each to show you how magnificent Gods love is.
Psalm # 91
14. "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
1. Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
3. who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
4. who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion
5. who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
THANK YOU JESUS!